Different type of Command in SQL basically categories by their functionality. These functions include building database objects, manipulating objects, populating database tables with data, updating existing data in tables, deleting data, performing database queries, controlling database access, and overall database administration.The following are the different types of command.
The main categories are
- DDL (Data Definition Language)
- DML (Data Manipulation Language)
- DQL (Data Query Language)
- DCL (Data Control Language)
- Data administration commands
- Transactional control commands